Important Note: The Healthy Lifestyle Discount deadline has been moved to July 31, 2017.
As Dell and EMC continue to come together and align their benefits and platforms, we’ll be launching a new wellness website in September. This will require us to close the current Healthy Lifestyle Discount (Dell) and Healthy Rewards (EMC) programs on July 31. That means that if you missed a goal and would like to engage in a coaching program to earn the full healthy lifestyle discount, you must complete your coaching program or alternative by July 31. If you have questions, please call 1-888-366-3029, option 1.
Life is full of priorities, and it’s easy to let health drop down on your list. Take time to complete a few healthy steps now, and then get back to what matters most to you.
The Healthy Lifestyle Discount program rewards you for taking steps toward maintaining your health. When you participate in the 2017 Healthy Lifestyle Discount program, we’ll give you a premium refund. The more activities you complete, the more you earn — up to a total of $975 for team members and up to $910 for spouses and domestic partners with medical coverage through Dell. Remember: You needed to complete the biometric screening and the health survey by January 31, 2017 to be eligible for the maximum premium refund.
Before you get started, you’ll need to register on the WebMD website (@ Work | Log in) to take the steps to earn your premium refund. Just click the Register link on the login page.
Forgot your login information?
To get help logging in, go to the WebMD website (@ Work | Log in) and click Forgot username or password?
Here’s how it works:
1. Know your numbers.
Check your progress.Track your status on the Healthy Lifestyle Discount dashboard on the WebMD website (@ Work | Log in). You can also register for your biometric screening and access forms and other important information about earning the premium refund.
Check your results.Lab results will be available on your dashboard within five to seven days of your screening or after you submit your Physician Form.
Get your blood pressure, blood sugar (glucose) and BMI measurements through a professional screening by January 31, 2017 and receive $300. And don’t forget to fast.
(You’re required to fast for at least eight hours before your appointment to achieve accurate results — so be sure not to eat or drink anything, with the exception of water and any regular medication.)
Here’s how you can get your health numbers:
- On-site — you and your spouse or domestic partner can, at no cost to you, attend a mobile biometric screening at your location, if available. To schedule an appointment, log in to the WebMD website (@ Work | Log in) and click My Health > Assess Your Health > Biometric Screening.
- At participating LabCorp locations* — at no cost to you. To register for and print a Lab Request Form to take to your appointment, log in to the WebMD website (@ Work | Log in) and click My Health > Assess Your Health > Biometric Screening.
- At a doctor’s office — at no cost to you with an annual preventive visit. To register for and print a Physician Form to take to your appointment, log in to the WebMD website (@ Work | Log in) to and click My Health > Assess Your Health > Biometric Screening. Note: All lab work from your doctor’s office should be performed at an in-network lab.* Visit your medical plan’s website to confirm participating labs in your area.
- At a Well at Dell Health Center (Parmer, Plano and Round Rock campuses) — at no cost to you. The number of available biometric screening appointments has doubled this year. To make an appointment, log in to the WebMD website (@ Work | Log in) and click My Resources > Well at Dell Health Center.
Health numbers were accepted for screenings completed between February 1, 2016 and January 31, 2017. Screenings from your doctor can be uploaded to your account using the Physician Form available on the WebMD website (@ Work | Log in). From there, click My Health > Assess Your Health > Biometric Screening.
Tip: Log in to the WebMD website (@ Work | Log in) and click My Health > Assess Your Health > Biometric Screening to schedule your on-site screening, download a Physician Form, get a Lab Request Form, find a participating LabCorp location in your area, and to upload your results to your account.
*When looking for a lab location, it’s important to find one that does “employee wellness with body measurements.”
2. Take the WebMD Health Survey.
Although you can go ahead and enter your health numbers before your screening results are available, only the numbers uploaded from your professional health screening will count toward the premium refund.
Note: Your medically covered spouse or domestic partner must log in at WellatDell.com using his or her own username and password to take the survey.
3. Hit the goals.
You're only eligible to earn the final $575 after you complete the screening and survey and by the January 31, 2017 deadline. You'll need to earn that remaining amount by July 31, 2017. Here’s how:
If you meet the health goals
When you meet the health goals, you automatically received $575, and your spouse or domestic partner automatically received $510 if he or she met the goals by January 31, 2017.
If you missed a goal
If you miss one or more goals, you can still earn the maximum premium refund by:
- Completing a Health Coaching Program and showing progress toward at least one of the goals you missed by July 31, 2017 or
- Participating in and completing the “Step to Be Fit” activity between February 6 and March 27, 2017. Be sure to sign up to receive information about the Step to Be Fit activity after you complete the health survey
Receive your premium refund when you enroll.
Your Healthy Lifestyle Discount will be reflected in ongoing paychecks throughout the year. If you completed any of the activities by December 17, 2016 and also enrolled in a 2017 Dell medical plan, your premium refund was available with your first paycheck in January. If you complete any activities after that date, you’ll receive a lump-sum of the refund you missed to date in your paycheck within two pay periods, and the remainder will be paid in regularly scheduled paydays throughout the rest of the calendar year.
If it is unreasonably difficult for you due to a medical condition, or it is medically inadvisable for you, to meet the physical activity goal or complete the Step to Be Fit activity, Dell will work with you (and, if you wish, your doctor) to make a reasonable alternative standard or waiver available to you to earn the Healthy Lifestyle Discount. In addition, you may request an alternative for earning the Healthy Lifestyle Discount that accommodates your doctor’s recommendations regarding medical appropriateness. The deadline to satisfy either of these alternatives is July 31, 2017.
If you prefer not to participate in the survey, biometric screening, and health coaching, Dell will make an alternative available to you. The deadline to complete this alternative is January 31, 2017.
If you need an alternative, please call 1-888-366-3029, option 1. To receive the premium refund, you must be an active team member covered by a Dell medical plan.
The Healthy Lifestyle Discount does not apply to Hawaii and Puerto Rico residents, Aetna International Plan participants, or inactive team members. For your spouse or domestic partner to qualify for this premium refund, he or she must be covered on your Dell medical plan and satisfy the Healthy Lifestyle Discount requirements.
For additional information regarding what health information is collected, who will receive it, and how it will be used and kept confidential, review this notice.