These five healthy lifestyle behaviors can help prevent chronic conditions and save money on health care for both you and Dell. Well at Dell offers health programs at no cost to you and no-cost or discounted resources to help you achieve all five — for good.
Think of this as your personal health performance plan. You’ll set goals and take steps toward meeting them.
|The change||The goal||The plan|
|Keep a healthy weight||Aim for a body mass index (BMI) of 18.5–24.9, but at a minimum, stay under 30|
|Get moving||Engage in physical activity a minimum of 30 minutes a day, 5 days a week|
|Eat healthier||Get 5 servings of fruits and vegetables a day|
|Quit tobacco||Don’t use any tobacco products. Nada. Zip. Zero.|
|Lower your blood pressure||Aim for a blood pressure reading below 140/90|
|Reduce your risk for diabetes||Complete an HBA1c test to show your average blood sugar (glucose) level over two or three months.|
Maintaining a healthy weight
- Weight management coaching (no cost to you!)
- WebMD weight management journal (no cost to you!)
- Nutrition and weight loss challenges (no cost to you!)
- WebMD fitness tracker and coaching programs (no cost to you!)
- Enhanced on-site fitness facilities and gym discounts (special discounted rates!)
- Organizing your own work or community club, event or challenge
- Healthier café and vending options (special discounted rates at Dell campuses!)
- Nutrition tracking and coaching programs (no cost to you!)
- Nutritional educational seminars (no cost to you!)
- Tobacco-free campuses
- Tobacco cessation coaching program — counseling and tobacco cessation prescription drugs (no cost to you!)
- Envolve PeopleCare (formerly Nurtur) condition management coaching programs (back pain, diabetes, heart disease)
Note: These programs are available to all benefits-eligible team members, except Puerto Rico residents.