Dell has a responsibility to ensure that only eligible dependents receive benefits under our medical, dental and vision plans. By putting the right controls in place, we can reduce compliance risks and costs to you.
Dell conducts dependent verification because it’s wise and responsible to confirm the eligibility of the team members and their dependents covered under our benefits. Like most large employers, Dell is working to contain costs related to health care coverage.
Who must provide dependent verification?
Team members are responsible for providing verification for dependents who are:
- Newly enrolled during Annual Enrollment
- Enrolled when a newly hired team member enrolls
- Added as a result of a qualified status change (marriage, birth, adoption, etc.)
- Currently covered and have not been previously verified
How will I know if I’m required to provide verification?
You’ll receive an email notification followed by a Dependent Verification Notice delivered in the U.S. mail to your home address. This notice will describe the steps you need to take, the required documentation for each dependent, and how to obtain and submit the documentation.
If you do not receive a Dependent Verification Notice, you are not required to take any action. You will not receive a Dependent Verification Notice if your covered dependents have been previously verified.
How long do I have to provide the required information?
You generally have 45 days to provide the required information. You’ll find the due date on your Dependent Verification Notice.
What happens if I don’t provide the required information?
If the required documentation is not received by the due date, the dependent(s) in question will be dropped from coverage under your Dell benefits and will not be eligible for coverage under COBRA.
How do I get my questions answered?
- Call the Dell Benefits Center at 1-888-335-5663, option 1, option 1. Hours of operation are 8 a.m. to 8 p.m. CT, Monday through Friday.
- Email questions on Your Benefits Resources™ website (@ Work | Log in), after you receive the email notification and before the final due date, by selecting Contact Us from the top, right menu bar and then click on Send a Question to a Benefits Representative to create a secure email.